Tim Bowden, Partner at gothamCulture, is passionate about providing data-driven, individual and organizational performance improvement solutions that put people first. He has nearly 20 years of experience collaborating with clients to address mission critical challenges in the areas of Organizational Culture, Leadership Development, Learning, and Performance Improvement.
Tim has partnered with clients in private, non-profit, and government sectors to help drive business outcomes through people-centered solutions. His diverse experience ranges from organizational culture development to drafting policy and guidance documents for the integration of human performance considerations into the design of complex military systems. Through a combination of experience in leading P&L centers and technical expertise in the people side of business, Tim helps organizations achieve their business results.
Tim is most energized when he’s exploring how the intersection of people, processes, and technologies drive business results and helping organizations unlock their potential to improve their performance. He has extensive experience in organization development and leadership development, having supported non-profit and government organizations for more than a decade. He has provided leadership coaching, executive advisory, and learning and development program design for organizations including the U.S. Marine Corps Systems Command, Treasury Executive Institute, Department of Labor, and the U.S. Naval Sea Systems Command. Additionally, Tim has experience in the design and analysis of survey-based measures of culture, employee engagement, and assessments of interpersonal skills.
Tim began his career supporting major system acquisition programs for the U.S. Navy, U.S. Army, and U.S. Marine Corps driving the inclusion of human performance considerations in the early stage design of shipboard systems, combat communication networks, and amphibious assault vehicles. He led the task analysis and training requirements definition for more than 100 warfighting roles as part of the human systems integration team for multiple combat systems.
Tim holds an MS in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from the University of Central Florida and a BA in Psychology from Rollins College. He is certified in the Human Synergistics Organizational Culture Inventory (OCIR)and Leadership ImpactR assessments. When he’s not helping organizations address business challenges, you’ll find Tim helping his wife, Michele, solve the challenges that come from parenting two teenagers or reading a good book.
Recently Published articles
- Weeds and Wishes
- Essential Leadership in the New World of Work
- Making a Comeback: How to Lead Your Team’s Post-COVID-19 Return to Work
- Accelerating the Impact of New Government Leaders
- Leadership Lessons From Unlikely Authors: Part 2
- Stepping Away From “Hurry Sickness”
- Virtual Onboarding For Remote Employees
- Leadership Lessons From Unlikely Authors
- Healthy Leadership Practices to Cure What Ails You
- Building Empathy To Address Critical Talent Gaps
- Webinar Download: Tips for Solving People-Related Issues
- Why Are We Still Investing In Engagement & Self-Actualization At Work?
- Why I’m Taking a Day Off From Being Busy – And You Should Too
- Webinar: Tips For Solving People-Related Issues – March 11, 2020
- Are Your Employees Ready For The “Superjobs” Of The Future?