As Partner, Shawn Overcast, is responsible for leading client engagements, and ensuring each experience is tailored to the unique needs of the organizations that gothamCulture serves. She has over 15 years of experience working in a variety of sectors and industries, and across the scale of small-size companies to global and Fortune 500 organizations.
Shawn is a leadership and culture transformation veteran, having held senior leadership positions at JetBlue Airways and external consulting roles at CEB (now Gartner), where her work focused on executive development and coaching, organizational culture transformation, strategic planning and implementation, and workforce talent analytics – all in ever-changing fast-paced environments.
Shawn has deep experience with change management initiatives, and has engaged leadership teams in dialogue about change including organizations such as JetBlue Airways, Arrow Electronics, Virgin America, Carrabba’s Italian Grill, the United States Navy, NYC Metropolitan Transportation Authority, the NYC Department of Education, and more.
Shawn wakes up everyday to help her clients engage their workforce in conversations about culture and change, because she believes in the art of the possible – that by finding ways to partner with stakeholders at all levels, and involving them in the co-design of strategic solutions, critical business objectives can be achieved.
Shawn received her BS of Psychology and MS in Instructional Systems from Florida State University. She is a certified Executive Coach and Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) practitioner. She spends her free time seeking balance from the pressures of the fast-paced corporate environment by finding opportunities to slow down, be present, and move toward growth in all areas of life. These opportunities are found in nurturing and learning from her two daughters and, as a 500hr certified instructor, teaching and practicing mindfulness and continued self-exploration through yoga.
Recently Published Articles:
- 7 Ways to Reduce Loneliness in the Workplace
- Workplace Loneliness in the Age of Connectivity
- HR Disrupts the Family Dinner Routine
- Weathering An Organizational Storm
- 3 Ways To Help Fix A Broken Company Culture
- Vulnerability Is Your Ticket Out of the Leadership Fishbowl
- Flexible Leaders Will Rule the Employee-Centered Workplace
- Three Benefits of Emotional Intelligence for Today’s Business Leaders
- How to Win a Leadership Turf Battle Before it Ever Begins
- How Technology Can Save Your Company Culture During an Expansion
- 3 Steps To Becoming The Company Captain Without Sinking The Ship
- 3 Ways To Ensure Your Startup Has A Top-Notch Team
- 3 Ways to Keep Employees Engaged When Sports Distract
- 4 Ways to Keep Employees Tuned In as Your Company Scales Globally
- Measuring Performance: Are You Collecting the Right Data?