As Partner, Shawn Overcast is responsible for securing and leadingclient engagements, and ensuring each experience is tailored to the unique needs of the organizations that gothamCulture serves. As an executive advisor to her clients, Shawn consults to enhance leadership and organizational capacity, and coaches to improve individual leadership effectiveness inside an organization.
Shawn wakes up every day to help her clients engage their workforce in conversations about leadership, culture, and change because she believes in the art of the possible – that by finding ways to partner with stakeholders at all levels, and involving them in the co-design of strategic solutions, critical business objectives can be achieved.
Shawn is a leadership and culture transformation veteran, having held senior leadership positions at JetBlue Airways and external consulting roles at CEB, where her work focused on executive development and coaching, organizational culture transformation, strategic planning and implementation, and learning and talent analytics – all in ever-changing fast-paced environments.
Shawn has deep experience with change initiatives and has engaged leadership teams in dialogue about culture evolution and leadership alignment, including well-known brands such as JetBlue Airways, Arrow Electronics, Virgin America, Bloomin’ Brands (Carrabba’s Italian Grill, Outback Steakhouse, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar, and Bonefish Grill). She has also worked to enhance capability and capacity in the public sector while working with the NYC Department of Education, the NYC Metropolitan Transportation Authority, and the United States Navy. Shawn has more than 18 years of experience working in a variety of sectors and industries, and across the scale of small-size companies to global and Fortune 500 organizations.
Shawn received her BS of Psychology and MS in Instructional Systems from Florida State University. She is a certified Executive Coach and Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) practitioner. She spends her free time seeking balance from the pressures of the fast-paced corporate environment by finding opportunities to slow down, be present, and move toward growth in all areas of life. These opportunities are found in nurturing and learning from her two daughters and, as a 500hr certified instructor, teaching and practicing mindfulness and continued self-exploration through yoga.
Recently Published articles
- Podcast: Storytelling in the Age of Disruption
- Yin/Yang Leadership: Seeking Balance
- 7 Ways to Reduce Loneliness in the Workplace
- Workplace Loneliness in the Age of Connectivity
- HR Disrupts the Family Dinner Routine
- Weathering An Organizational Storm
- 3 Ways To Help Fix A Broken Company Culture
- Vulnerability Is Your Ticket Out of the Leadership Fishbowl
- Flexible Leaders Will Rule the Employee-Centered Workplace
- Three Benefits of Emotional Intelligence for Today’s Business Leaders
- How to Win a Leadership Turf Battle Before it Ever Begins
- How Technology Can Save Your Company Culture During an Expansion
- 3 Steps To Becoming The Company Captain Without Sinking The Ship
- 3 Ways To Ensure Your Startup Has A Top-Notch Team
- 3 Ways to Keep Employees Engaged When Sports Distract