As the United States looks to begin a scaled approach to reducing pandemic restrictions in the coming weeks and months a hidden enemy lingers that is not getting much attention. While many healthcare workers are facing the brunt of the risks associated with supporting pandemic response, they are certainly not alone in shouldering stresses associated with the last few months. The acute and chronic stressors during difficult times may have negative repercussions for many people and organizations for years to come. During this episode, we talk with Joe Smarro and Jesse Trevino of SolutionPoint Plus, advisor to healthcare systems, education systems, first responders, and corporate clients in the areas of mental health, wellness, and resilience.
Released June 5, 2020
Show notes: Below are links to mental health information and resources mentioned in the show:
- Crisis Text Line
- Ernie & Joe: Crisis Cops (2019): Official Trailer | HBO
- I See You | Joseph A. Smarro | TEDxSanAntonio
- Mental Health America
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
Culture Change is a Complex Process
Make sense of it with actionable advice from experts on the front lines.
- How To Improve Your Working From Home Game With These Hacks - October 15, 2020
- Recognizing A Toxic Work Culture Before You Get In Too Deep - October 1, 2020
- Pivoting For Pandemic Success - September 17, 2020